Sunday, October 14, 2018 @ 7:30 am
Join us for the return of the Trick-or-Treat Triathlon, a Halloween-spirited reverse-order modified triathlon event held entirely on the grounds of the Copley-Price Family YMCA.
Go the distance with a 2-mile run, a 4-mile stationary bike ride, and a 250-yard swim. See the race map here.
- Costumes are encouraged
- First 100 registrants receive a t-shirt, guaranteed
- Maximum of 150 registrations
- Race divided into 3 groups: 13-49 years old, 50+ years old, and the relay team division
- Participants will be flighted into groups based on the estimated mile run time
- Modified triathlon training program available at Copley-Price Family Y fitness center
After the race, enjoy food, a bounce house, face painting and a massage & foam roll station.
Registration/Check In: 6:30-7:00 am
- Pick up race packet with your wave/heat number based on the running/mile time you provided.
- Body marking of numbers will be on right upper arm and right calf.
- Please wear tank tops and shorts so that numbers are visible.
- Some spaces still available for new registrations.
Parking: Park on first floor or on the street
- Please use only 43rd St. to enter the YMCA parking structure.
- There will be no access through the parking lot on Fairmount Ave.
Staging: Where to keep your gear during the event
- Bring a bag clearly labeled with your name on it for your possessions.
- Leave valuables at home. We cannot accept any responsibility for your valuables.
Run: NEW — Start in the soccer arena, move on to the second and third floor of the parking garage
- Complete 4 laps in each section (soccer arena, second & third floor of parking garage).
- Volunteers will count your laps.
- You will be assigned a wave based on your mile running time.
- If you did not provide your mile time please email [email protected]
Bike: Bike station is in the turn-around area nearest Fairmount Avenue
- The cycle computer will track your 4-mile ride.
- You can choose any available bike to ride.
- Please visit the bike station upon arrival to learn how to adjust the seat and height of your stationary bike.
- Don’t worry! Volunteers will be there to assist you!
Swim: 250 yards in the pool
- The swimming component is a snake swim — please see the swim diagram.
- No flip turns allowed.
- Swimmers must go under the lane line to go to the next lane.
- Lifeguards will be present at all times.
- Email Pat at [email protected] if you have questions regarding the swim portion of the race.
Relay Teams in the same wave:
- Each relay team member completes only their portion of the race.
- Runner to biker exchange will take place at the bottom of the parking garage stairs.
- Biker to swimmer exchange will take place in the round-about section.
- All relay teams will be in the same wave.
Foam Roller Tutorial:
- Before and after completing your race, visit the foam roller demonstrations lead by a personal trainer.
Awards will go to the top three finishers in:
- Age categories
- Gender categories
Costumes are encouraged!
- No makeup in the pool, though!
- Prizes will be given to the top three costumes!
Visit the Y:
- You are welcome to use the YMCA facilities and/or take a shower
- Look for a complimentary one-day YMCA pass in your race packet
- Located by the lifeguard station
Event: Copley Price Family YMCA: 4300 El Cajon Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92105
- Use the parking lot entrance on 43rd St.
- Registration and warm up area will open at 6:30 am for all race events.
- All YMCA waivers need to be signed prior to the start of the event.
- All entries are final and there are no refunds.
Meeshie, Himalay & Julian
Christine, Dan & Chaco
Ezra, Lorenzo & Nora
Debra, Leticia & Natasha
If you register after 1pm on Friday, October 12, you will receive your wave time day of event at registeration between 6-7am.