Let's Celebrate the 9th annual Bike-A-Thon, 8:00am - 1:00pm, Saturday, February 9 at Mission Valley Y. Pedal for a cause and ride for an hour or five at this Birthday Party-themed ride to raise funds for the Y's Annual Campaign.
- Ride alone or form a team of five riders to support; one team per bike. Have a team rider for the entire 5-hour ride (bike is not left empty)
- We have 40 bikes; please register early
- Individual riders are encouraged to check in 15 minutes prior to their hour.
- All cyclists must have signed medical waiver prior to participation.
ONE OR FIVE RIDERS PER TEAM
- Bike must be filled throughout the day; cyclists may ride one or more consecutive hours
- $500 per team
- Five riders/five hours is equivalent to $100 per hour
- Cyclists can receive sponsorship in the form of donations from friends, family, co-workers
- Recruit friends, family, coworkers, class participants, community members. This event is not limited to Y members.
- Collect signed release waivers/donations for all cyclists prior to day of the event
Contact: Chad Prokop, [email protected]; 619-298-3576.
Can't Make It? Make a Pledge, Please!
If you can't make the event, consider supporting a rider by making a pledge through our online Giving page. Just choose "Mission Valley YMCA/General Donation" and put "Bike-A-Thon" in the comments section, and you can add a rider's name if you wish. Thank you!
Bike-A-Thon 2018 Raised More Than $20,000
Last February, Mission Valley Y hosted the eighth annual Bike-A-Thon. For five consecutive hours, some 200 riders kept the wheels turning while the Y's dedicated instructors provided a heart pumping experience for all in attendance. Thanks to riders, instructors and supporters, we really felt the love as riders helped us raise over $20,000 to help the children and families in our community.