The YMCA on Monroe County in beautiful Bloomington, Indiana has an opening for Youth and Family Program Director.
Seeking a dynamic Youth and Family Program Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to provide direction, leadership, and oversight in the development and launch of the Y Academy. The Academy is a comprehensive program with a focus on youth leadership, art exploration, music, STEM, and youth movement. The Academy provides supplemental programs to complement the local school curriculum and families electing to homeschool their children.
The Director will also provide guidance and leadership in the continual refinement and enhancement of the Organization’s signature programs - Summer Camp, Break Day Camp, Play & Learn, Parents Night Out (PNO), Safe Sitter, and other new family program initiatives that will be developed. This individual will serve as the immediate supervisor of two coordinators, having direct responsibility for carrying out existing Youth and Family Programs at each of our two respective branches, and will also be involved with the execution of programs associated with the Academy. The Y also offers the Ducatus Academiae (Latin for the Leader Academy) a facilitated leadership program offered within the local high schools.
- Related to Program Development
- Provide exceptional quality program delivery.
- Provide direct leadership and supervision by being actively engaged with staff in program development, facilitation, and execution.
- Plan and coordinate youth and family special events.
- Develop systems that will assess the effectiveness of program delivery, with an emphasis on member and program participant satisfaction.
- Facilitate and guide the teaching of character development in all program areas.
- Coordinate and enhance the summer day camp operation at both Monroe County YMCA branches.
- Staffing, Supervision, and Volunteer Relations
- Possesses a solid commitment to the mentoring of entry-level as well as seasoned staff members.
- Develop comprehensive onboarding and training programs that focus on the continuous development of job-related competencies that will contribute to the successful delivery of youth programs.
- Participate in and complete HR-related functions of staffing the youth and family operation, including but not limited to: candidate screening, interviewing, performance reviews, employee coaching, and payroll approval processes.
- Fiscal Management
- Responsible for the construction and monitoring of the department’s operational budgets and achievement of program financial benchmarks.
- Pursue grants and other external funding sources that may support existing and future youth programs and opportunities here at the Monroe County YMCA.
- General Administrative
- Responsible for managing all electronic and other forms of records.
- Participate and support other YMCA special events and programs.
- Participate in the development and coordination of room and court schedules.
- Work with the Marketing Department in the creation of promotional materials to general interest and enrollment within the various Youth and Family Programs that are available.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to successful facility various activities when may be required.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn other software programs