YMCA of Wichita Falls
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA child care program(s).
1. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred or a level 12 or higher on the registry
2. One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs
3. Must be at least 18 years of age
4. Must complete Continuing Education as required by Wisconsin State Licensing Standards
5. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification preferred; required within 30 days of hire
6. The ability to relate to diverse groups of people
7. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
8. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform the essentail functions of this position and to safely supervise children's activities
1. Manages and coordinates the school age child care programs for Kettle Moraine YMCA including before and after school, day camp, and kid’s day out
2. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities; expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
3. Directs in program hours at an assigned site for school age care and Directly in charge of or assists with an assigned camp location
4. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed; reviews and evaluates staff performance; develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
5. Assists in budgets related to the position; ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected; supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
6. Ensures that YMCA program standards and Wisconsin State Licensing requirements are met, and safety procedures followed
7. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living
8. Develops and maintains relationships with Wisconsin state child care licensing, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs; responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
9. Maintains proper records/department files
10. Organizes one special event per semester for program participants’ families and assists in YMCA fundraising activities
11. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
12. Compiles program statistics; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
13. Performs other duties as assigned
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.