Wausau - Woodson YMCA
YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
Somerset County YMCA
The Stephens Family YMCA seeks a talented, organized professional to help advance the mission of the Y through the creation and delivery of clear and compelling communications. The ideal candidate should be an expert in the field of social media, experienced in website management, video production and photography, have knowledge and direct experience in digital marketing including Google Ads and graphic design, and should have demonstrable experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and with Windows Office products. The ideal candidate is a natural communicator with strong skills both on paper and in person. The candidate will be highly organized, and detail-driven as they oversee multiple projects through from concept to completion.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field of study.
· Five or more years of relevant work experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to compose narratives and write and edit compelling stories.
· Experience working with website content management systems including Drupal and willingness to learn the Open Y platform.
· Experience creating and managing Google Ads.
· Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
· In-depth understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
· Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and other social media SEO and data measuring platforms.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to contribute to and maintain a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication.
· Superb time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize complex assignments with little supervision.
· Ability to work independently as well as proactively seek out information from diverse groups and collaborate to create new and engaging content.
· Ability to engage and interact positively and professionally with community leaders, volunteers, members, and coworkers.
· Prior YMCA work experience is desirable but not required.
Help create and implement an overall marketing strategy for the YMCA including the following areas:
· Maintain online presence for The Stephens Family YMCA including website, e-newsletters and social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
· Manage all social media outlets for The Stephens Family YMCA which includes creating social media content calendar, handling customer interactions (responding to posts/messages), maintaining regular posts/content, and forwarding any issues to appropriate Director in a timely manner.
· Develop and maintain a consistent interactive voice consistent with the YMCA Brand Standards.
Website Content Coordinator:
· Responsible for re-creating, managing, and maintaining The Stephens Family YMCA website.
· Ensure website content is accurate and consistently updated. Ensure content and images are YMCA Brand compliant, professional, interactive and effective in communicating our services and programs.
· Work with Program Directors to ensure local web pages are current and reflect consistency throughout the site.
Internal Marketing Design:
· Assist program directors in maintaining and updating printed marketing materials, member communication pieces and templates including newsletters, program brochures, and internal branch marketing pieces and promotions using in-house graphic design software.
· Assist departments in creating marketing materials to ensure YMCA Brand compliance, as needed.
· Work with Program and Membership Directors to plan and coordinate all email marketing efforts for the Stephens Family YMCA.
· Create, review and execute e-newsletters to staff and members.
· Responsible for coordination and production of video content (testimonials, demos, program features, etc.) for internal and external use.
· Responsible for taking photos for use in print and digital marketing materials including fundraising, special events, program activities, head shots, etc.
· Maintain photo/video library the Stephens Family YMCA and serve as resource liaison.
Mission and Community Oriented: Lives YMCA values; actively values diversity; engages community, members and volunteers in YMCA mission and work; builds effective working relationships and recruits volunteers.
People Oriented: Employs effective persuasion strategies; builds rapport and relationship to create small communities; listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively; takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Executes objectives that align with the YMCA’s mission and goals; quickly identifies opportunities for improvement and solutions when encountering obstacles; employs thinking skills to understand and solve issues; implements best practices and project plans; has a voice in the process; supports fund raising; responsible with YMCA resources.
Personal Development Oriented: Recognizes own strengths and limitations; pursues self-development that enhances job performance; is flexible.