YMCA of Montclair
West Essex Branch YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading non-profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Directs all aspects of membership for the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Helps to build the community's understanding of the Y's cause and impact. Develops, plans, and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Bi-Lingual (Spanish preferred).
1. Implements membership strategies and processes that support recruitment of new units/members (sales) and retention of existing members.
2. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
3. Fosters a climate of innovation.
4. Resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
5. Implements retention and appreciation strategies for existing members.
6. Implements a fair and equitable financial assistance process for all who apply.
7. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
8. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
9. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
10. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
11. Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
12. Ensures proper implementation of welcome center procedures. Reviews and updates procedures and communicates changes to staff.
13. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
14. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
15. Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
16. Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
17. Takes a leadership role in the planning and coordination of branch-wide events.
18. Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with the planned Chart of Work.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors’ communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.