The YMCA of Greater Erie is looking to hire a full-time Grant Accountant for our grant programs at the Metro Offices, Downtown Erie location
This position will maintain financial records of grants in accordance with Federal and State regulations and ensure fiscal integrity and compliance with grant audit requirements through the implementation of sound internal controls and adherence with fiscal policies and procedures, along with providing grant budget documents, general ledger reconciliation, preparing journal and batch entries and financial reports for presentation.
1. BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
2. One or more years of Accounting experience. Non profit-accounting experience a plus.
3. Strong computer and data entry skills with advanced excel spreadsheets skills and experience with computerized accounting systems.
4. Ability to work independently, manage deadlines, set priorities and adapt to changes in work demands.
5. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
6. Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and build authentic relationships.
8. Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to meeting deadlines and solving challenging situations.
The following, other duties may be assigned:
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Ensures that all reports, records, and transactions are maintained and performed accurately and promptly and in accordance with Federal and State law where applicable.
- Review and understand all grant requirements and regulations, including accurate interpretation of allowable costs while working with the VP of Child Care or other Grant Administrators/Partners.
- Maintain proper documentation of YMCA Grant expenditures for reimbursements, credit card documentation, and purchase orders (e.g. receipts), and reconcile to the General Ledger and to the Grant Budget.
- Order supplies with the best terms, best price, best function and best availability while ensuring the items meet grant parameters and receive appropriate approvals from the VP of Child Care or other Grant Administrators/Partners.
- Create and reconcile grant requisition forms on a monthly basis ensuring accuracy of accounts used with the Grant Administrator/Partner.
- Review time and activity records for staff to ensure that hours being charged to proper grant are recorded accurately in time system and the general ledger.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable, including preparation of quarterly online submission to required sites such as FAI and PELICAN.
- Assist in preparation of agency budgets prior to submission of individual program grant applications.
- Participate in training sessions and workshops as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to children, staff and family information.
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts.
- Prepare month-end, year-end closing, allocation of costs, EOY finalization of budget revision in PELICAN, and audit documentation, and maintain selected audit worksheets.
- Complete employee enrollment and monthly billing for employee insurance benefits.
- Assist in the reconciliation of company quarterly payroll tax filing.
- Assume general office duties including typing, filing, answering phone, maintain selected work papers, and other duties as requested