YMCA of Monroe County Inc.
YMCA of the USA
Wilson-Gray Youth and Family Center
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Program Director at Central Lincoln County YMCA oversees the development, coordination, and management of youth, adult, and summer programs.
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· 2-3 years related experience preferred.
· Minimum age of 21.
· Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens trainings.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise and lead program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Proficiency with technology and computers.
· Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Leads programs throughout the year.
· Manages the department programs, including developing and monitoring the program budgets to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the needed facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, activities or events.
· Directs the following departments: Programs and Summer Camp. Programs include, but are not limited to, youth sports, youth adventure programs, teen programs, adult programs, intergenerational programs, and summer camps.
· Collaborates with peers and attends leadership meetings.
· Manages the marketing and distribution of program information.
· Recruits volunteers and hires staff across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
· Maintains outdoor and indoor program spaces as needed.
· Coordinates schedule and use of Y bus for the organization. Transports participants as needed.
· Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility. Ability to multi-task. Utilizes available software to manage programs.
· Participates actively in the Annual Fund Campaign.
· Executes all other responsibilities as assigned.
CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP® COMPETENCIES
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership.
Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
Program/Project: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
CPR, First Aid, AED