YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas
YMCA of Montclair
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Branch Director at YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina stewards the Y’s cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Branch Executive Director oversees the operation of the Y and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
• YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
• Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
• Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• CPR and First Aid certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training required within 60 days of hire.
1. Maintains diverse advisory committee that actively support the Y’s goals and strategic plans. Recruits, selects, and develops diverse volunteers for the branch board. Clarifies and reinforces the division of roles and responsibilities between corporate boards, management or advisory boards, staff, and general volunteers.
2. Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y.
3. Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, community leaders) develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
4. Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
5. Develops and directs high-quality member engagement strategies and programs that support branch and association goals and strategies. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
6. Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
7. Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
8. Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
9. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
10. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
• Engaging Community
• Fiscal Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.