Valley of the Sun YMCA
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Somerset County YMCA
This position will serve in a generalist capacity overseeing all the HR functions of the association. Employee base of 200 (325 pre-COVID). Key duties include: payroll, fringe benefits, safety training, child abuse prevention training, unemployment, worker’s comp, COVID compliance oversight and risk management. This position is part of the leadership team and includes involvement in other required professional level duties.
* 5-7 years of previous HR experience
* generalist experience preferred
* bachelor's degree required
* ability to live in or live close by to the communities served
* on site work position; no remote work option
· Work closely with senior leadership team and operations leadership to develop and implement human resources strategies.
· Ensure association compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment & training.
· Remain current with changes in HR and employment law.
· Manage association relationships with regulatory agencies.
· Develop, implement, maintain and enforce HR policies & procedures for the association.
· Maintain and update Employee Personnel Policy.
· Ensure training requirements are met, including CPR and First Aid certifications.
· Serve as internal consultant to managers and advise/mediate in employee situations.
· Conduct investigations relating to employee situations and/or grievances.
· Oversee performance management and progressive disciplinary process for the association.
· Advise and oversee all aspects of employee terminations.
· Manages the recruitment process for new staff, interns and volunteers.
· Oversee orientation program to integrate new staff, interns and volunteers into the YMCA culture with emphasis on mission and values.
· Provide leadership to organization to ensure internal development and upward career progression of YMCA employees.
· Manage salary administration program, including classification, salary structure and salary increases. Participate in surveys, analyze data and make recommendations for adjustments. Ensure integrity of the compensation system is adhered to. Implement changes and updates to payroll files. Create and distribute Bi-Weekly Payroll Summary and Variance reports.
· Oversee management of employee benefit offerings including health & welfare as well as retirement plans. Track FSA reimbursements.
· Prepare and manage HR budget.
· Assists with identification of qualified applicants to ensure top quality staff is employed.
· Monitor review and reconciliation of unemployment expenses.
· Monitor review and reconciliation of Workman’s Compensation Claims.
· Primary liaison with outside legal counsel for HR related issues.
· Monitor pulse of the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
· Oversee Child Abuse Prevention.
· Deliver CPR/First Aid and AED training.
· Deliver Child Abuse Prevention Training.
· Maintain Employee Files.
· Risk Management.
· COVID Policies and Procedures.
· Monthly Employee Recognition.
· Book staff training & related travel.
· State Alliance Scholarship Requests.
· Community Events as needed.
· Recruit volunteers as needed.
Advancing Our Mission & Cause
SHRM certification preferred but not required
First Aid/CPR trainer certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment
Praesidium Guardian (child abuse prevention) certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment