The YMCA of Austin is hiring an IT Operations Manager to join our Strategy and Innovation team!
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The YMCA of Austin is a social enterprise focused on providing innovative approaches to empowering youth and families, improving quality of life and health for all, and leading social responsibility. The Y is recovering from the pandemic stronger and ready to adapt to change and growth.
As the future of work evolves, so do we. The IT Operations Manager has the opportunity to follow our hybrid model (business office/remote).
The IT Operations Managers will lead the IT function for the YMCA of Austin alongside our technical management partner, Dell Technologies. This position has strong career growth potential to the Director level for motivated candidates as we continue to grow the IT function. The position reports directly to the Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Development and will lead and design impactful IT strategy and execute technology plans to elevate the work of an amazing team of nonprofit professionals and executives. This role would be ideal for someone looking to leverage your IT know-how, lead direct and independent work and work as part of an incredible team doing transformational work in the community. This full-time position is for immediate hire and requires travel between various locations around Austin with officing out of Central Austin.
Salary: $56,000 - $64,000 per year, depending on experience. Full benefits package including dental, vision, health insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan upon reaching eligibility.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the related field is required
- Five plus years of information technology work experience
- Project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex projects from conception to fruition.
- The ability to effectively lead, manage and supervise an information systems support team of partners and staff
- A strong systems orientation, with a track record of improving and enhancing existing technologies, developing new solutions and maintaining an awareness of and willingness to use new and emerging platforms
- Understanding of current regulations affecting IT operations, such as privacy, security, and data protection regulations, and application of best practices to remain compliant
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft client and server software, network technology (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN), cloud-based services such as Office 365, PC and Mac desktop and laptop computers, Android and iOS mobile operating systems, and audio/video conferencing services
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and enterprise content management systems
- Relevant knowledge of basic hardware components and how to replace them
What are the details?
Your primary responsibility will be to aid in the growth of the department, managing relationships with Dell Technologies, managed services, Microsoft 365 implementation, and overall management of all IT services for the organization. You will work closely with IT Consultants to implement a high-tech infrastructure that will support the organization’s growth, business operations, and modern facilities.
- Establishing the procedures necessary for the IT Department to support the organization, such as onboarding, security, updates and patches, and change management
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing information technology policies, guidelines, and best practices
- Setting standards for hardware, software, and services and managing assets and inventory for all IT related items
- Executing and extending the YMCA of Austin’s IT strategy, including the creation of project plans, time schedules, equipment, and cost estimates for short- medium- and long-term application
- Leading data analysis efforts using Microsoft Power BI and other systems to help drive
- Developing and maintaining the YMCA’s IT infrastructure, including networking and telephony
- Ensuring all technology systems and hardware are up to date
- Overseeing network administration, backup, and security protocols and establishing a business continuity/disaster recovery strategy for all applications and data
- Serving as the primary liaison with the YMCA’s consulting partners, managed services, Help Desk, and technical partners
- Co-creating strategic annual plans and budgets based on assessed needs and strategic plans
- Ensuring information security within all IT and mobile communications-related activities
- Providing appropriate business process support through the usage of the YMCA’s IT systems
- Providing computer hardware training, support, and troubleshooting, including PC and Mac operating systems to staff as needed
- Ensuring necessary software updates, advanced troubleshooting, security, compatibility testing, programming, implementation and system integration, video conversion and editing, and software customization
- Supporting the implementation of Microsoft 365 across the organization, in partnership with the Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Complete all other duties as assigned.