Wausau - Woodson YMCA
YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
Somerset County YMCA
The Assistant Director of Marketing, Digital Marketing & Social Media supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This person helps to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact across multiple channels in our service area with focus on driving engagement through social media and online platforms. He/she/they will be responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking effective digital marketing and communication strategies and campaigns across multiple departments. Helping to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact, he/she/they provides assistance to the Director of Marketing & Communications to implement the Marketing Plan and advance the West Suburban YMCA’s mission.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Design, Marketing, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One to two years of professional marketing/communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
· Experience managing social media accounts for a business or organization.
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
· Possesses good judgement, initiative, and resourcefulness.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, website content management systems, and email marketing platforms. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs preferred.
· Basic photography and videography skills preferred.
· Ability to work both independently and with a team.
· Ability to analyze data across different platforms.
· Create, direct, and execute a cohesive strategy and comprehensive calendar for digital marketing, content creation and web management.
· Develops, manages, and produces an integrated digital marketing calendar that touches multiple online platforms for a cohesive digital strategy that may include, but is not limited to social media, web, video, email, and emerging channels.
· Leads day-to-day social media management on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to increase WSYMCA social footprint and drive engagement.
· Compiles and analyzes social media data and metrics to anticipate trends and identify strategies and opportunities for brand growth. This includes Facebook Insights, Instagram Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and other applicable social tools to produce monthly reports and evaluate/refine content strategy based on data and analytics. Continuously sets goals and strives to increase our social audience.
· Builds and nurtures a devoted online community through the execution of timely response for web and social media comments, inquiries, and reviews.
· Visually captures the Y experience and Y stories via photography and video.
· Establishes relationships with local media in our service area and maintains an updated community/media contact list.
· Writes and edits press releases, articles, and blog posts.
· Develops effective working relationships with internal department groups, with a focus on program departments including Sports, Childcare, Aquatics, Fitness, and Camps.
· Assist with ongoing maintenance and updates to the organization’s website.
· Assists with the design & production of program flyers, posters, promotional items and other printed and digital materials, as needed.
· Ensures consistency and remains brand complaint across all digital and social media platforms.
· Participate in association special events throughout the year.
· Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to communications in a timely manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
Required online trainings prior to first day.