South Wood County YMCA
Great Bridge/Hickory Family YMCA
Oversees the total operation of YMCA Aquatic facilities including maintenance, program development, staff development and community relations. Manages Association outreach contracts to expand service reach in the community. Develops, organizes, and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
2. One to two year’s related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
3. Minimum age of 21, must have valid driver’s license.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Keep accurate records of attendance, retention, member and non-member participation
5. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
6. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, CPR, and in-service trainings.
7. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
8. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
9. Develop strategies to provide support and motivation to staff for the achievement of goals and retention.
10. Develops and monitors program budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
11. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
12. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
13. Assists with Program Committee meetings
14. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Lifeguard, CPR, First Ai, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens Certification.
2. Within 90 days of hire completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Lifeguard Instructor; Water Safety Instructor Trainer, and CPO.