YMCA of Monroe County Inc.
YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
Community Development YMCA
Y Teen L.I.F.E. provides youth centric programming that inspires a generation of young leaders to change the world. The ideal candidate has a commitment to youth work, post-secondary success for young people, asset development and the overall holistic development of teens.
Candidate will serve as the lead source for supporting all Achievers, College Access & Career Readiness initiatives for the YMCA of Greater Houston including but not limited to college access driven curriculum development, college access workshop planning and execution, and career readiness and exploration opportunities. Candidate will also organize and implement cause-driven and high quality YMCA teen programs and experiences focused on leadership development, college access, career readiness and civic engagement.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Youth Leadership.
1. High School Diploma(or Equivalent) and College Degree
2. Experience with post-secondary planning.
3. Minimum 25 years of age (must be at least 7 years older than the oldest participant)
4. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
5. Previous experience working with older youth and teens in a developmental setting.
6. Previous experience with diverse populations.
7. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
8. Based out of the Houston Texans YMCA, supporting YMCA communities in Southeast Houston, Sunnyside, South Park, Galena Park, Baytown, Pearland, League City, Alvin, Downtown, East End and Near Northside. Regular local travel in Houston region required.
*YMCA communities subject to change.
9. Available to work evenings & weekends
· In collaboration with Association leadership, Center leadership, schools, and community organizations, this position will develop the strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation of all Y Teen LIFE (Leadership, Inspiration, Fellowship and Education) programs and initiatives
· Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct YMCA staff and volunteers as needed
· Grow teen participation and presence within the various centers & communities
· Establish new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
· Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
· Represents the YMCA and promotes Y mission and cause in community meetings/events
· Works in partnership with YMCA center leadership to fulfill YMCA mission and cause
· Coordinate participation in regional meetings/events, weekend outings, annual conferences and summer trips
· Coordinates and secures facilities/space for program activities and events
· Use YMCA evaluation tools and standards to measure the quality of programs
· Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations
· Submit all required reports in a timely manner
· Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
· Serves as professional role model to our youth and teens