Valley of the Sun YMCA
You will lead the measurement and training impact of learning solutions to ensure the development of Y leaders.
The Senior Manager, Learning Design & Development is responsible for supporting the process to assess organizational needs to identify emerging learning needs, gaps and trends across the Y Movement.
Lead all aspects of the design and development of all learning solutions (virtual, blended, instructor-led, eLearning, job aids, microlearning, including managing the organizational prioritization and allocation of resources. Learning experiences span all areas of Y work including leadership development, youth development, healthy living, social responsibility and diversity, equity and inclusion.
This position is responsible for the standards, process, and impact measurement related to learning solutions. This position will coordinate and collaborate with key partners within Y-USA and the movement for the design and development of learning solutions and assets.
Supports the implementation of plan to ensure a sufficient number of high-quality, diverse faculty and trainers for local, regional, and national trainings. Additionally, this person will lead the team of 3-4 Managers, Learning Design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required. Master’s degree in Education, Technology or Leadership Development is preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of management experience within leadership development and instructional design
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design and adult learning methodology is required
- Extensive knowledge of Learning Experience Design and Instructional Design processes (e.g., LDX, ADDIE model, interactive media, adaptive learning, etc.) and supported technologies educational programs (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
- Must have a deep commitment to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into organizational behaviors.
- Advanced knowledge of learning technology and ability to keep abreast of technology, developments and trends in adult Learning and eLearning
- Must be customer-focused, coupling strategic focus with strong execution skills and a results orientation; able to link to business challenges and objectives with tactical execution and results Demonstrated ability to influence others in order to achieve objectives is required
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills are required
- Excellent collaboration skills are required
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines is required
- Requires a commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Build and lead efficient collaborative processes, systems, partnerships, and supports vital to build and scale instructor-led, online and blended learning experiences that meet the demand for workforce development of YMCAs
- Manage a team of internal staff and external contractors in the creation of welcoming and interactive learning experiences informed by the Ys voice, purpose and values.
- Leads the processes to design and develop and maintain all learning solutions/assets including needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation, ensuring that all learning solutions have defined outcomes and objectives incorporating messages to reinforce the Y’s Purpose
- Builds learning solutions using interactive learning models that create engagement through the use of adult learning principles and delivers maximum opportunity for skill development and knowledge transfer
- Leads the process to define operational, satisfaction, and impact measurement strategies; defines and implements processes to capture baseline data; defines and manages measurement and reporting database; and prepares reports
- Recruits, organizes and delivers Trainer/Faculty Academies Regionally and Nationally. Leads the design and development of materials used by trainers and faculty to implement learning solutions.
- Support the implementation and evolutions of the Ys Learning Management System to ensure that technology is responsive to evolving learning needs and learning trends.
- Manages projects, project teams, budgets, and schedules to accomplish specified learning strategies. Coordinates and prioritizes resources to ensure completion of project(s) on time
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
- Manages assigned staff
- Performs other duties as assigned