YMCA of the Twin Tiers
YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Inc.
Ozarks Regional YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction and guidance of the Executive, the Program Director, Oversees their program(s) in alignment with, and support of, the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities, protocols, and values. This includes the following Departments/ Programs:
Aquatics Qualifications (if applicable):
• Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and Oxygen (02) Training.
• Certified in YMCA On the Guard II and/or American Red Cross Lifeguarding.
• Swim Lesson Instructor experience required; YMCA Swim Instructor course and/or Water Safety Instructor preferred.
• Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification preferred.
Wellness Qualifications (if applicable):
• Advanced training in nutrition, exercise fitness, or other wellness modalities.
• Nationally approved Personal Training Certification (ACSM, NSCA-CSCS) preferred.
• Current adult CPR and First Aid Certification.
• YMCA of the USA Principles of Healthy Lifestyles (within 3 months of hire).
Essential Functions and Expectations: Using a collaborative coaching approach, with guidance from the Executive, provide supervision and leadership for the program(s) they oversee. This includes:
• Staffing Oversight – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
• Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
• Staffing Administration – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
• Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, Association initiatives and program teams.
• Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities and licensing guidelines, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
• Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships with the outside community that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
• Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
• Budgeting – Develop, implement, and accurately maintain a program budget and forecast in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned.