Don M and Margaret Hilliker YMCA
YMCA of Bucks County
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) Aquatics management, lifeguard training and onboarding, health and safety courses and trainings, management of lifeguard staff and lifeguard rotations. Provide leadership to ensure that all services offered through the Rye Y meet the highest degree of quality, safety, consistency, and efficiency.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience. Minimum age requirement: Age 21.
2. One to two year’s related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
3. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, Lifeguard, Certified Pool Operator, Lifeguard Instructor
4. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Facilitates Aquatic New Staff Training with existing and all incoming Lifeguard staff.
2. Develops and implements in service training schedule to provide at least 4 hours of required monthly lifeguard training.
3. Provides on-going in-service training to internal Rye YMCA staff to support efforts in safety at the Y. Provides opportunities for staff to enhance skills with regular training, lifeguard drills, and quick checks.
4. Manage American Red Cross invoices and billing to each internal department.
5. Management of lifeguard staff and lifeguard rotations to ensure Aquatics safety standards are met.
6. Provides direct leadership to Lifeguard staff.
7. Assists Senior Director and Assistant Director of Aquatics with the management of overall aquatics operations, including but not limited to staff scheduling, staff performance reviews, monitoring program income and expenses to ensure budget targets are met. In the absence of Senior Director of Aquatics and Assistant Aquatics Director, would assume responsibility of overseeing Aquatics department as Supervisor on Duty.
8. Instruct a minimum of 50% of the Health and Safety member/community class offerings that run per year.
9. Lifeguard as needed
10. Promotes all YMCA and American Red Cross safety classes and workshops.
a. Develops marketing tools to increase awareness of the importance of water safety within the community and promote programming at the Y
b. If possibilities arise, attend community events in which safety workshops can be held and water safety information can be handed out.
c. Water safety advocate within the Y community. Establishes professional relationships and partnerships with local organizations and schools to provide offsite American Red Cross classes and trainings.
11. Monitors aquatic staff certifications are current and in compliance with regulations.
12. Monitors all health and safety supplies in each department. Orders health and safety supplies for all departments, bills department accordingly.
13. Monitors daily pool operations and ensures compliance with all state and local sanitary regulations. Helps to ensure a culture of safety and leading practices and procedures in accordance with regulations, national safety and training standards, insurance and Y-USA guidelines.
14. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign.
15. Keeps updated professional knowledge of all Aquatics and American Red Cross programs through self -study, research, and/or conference/workshop participation.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors’ communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models’ adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
CPR, First Aid, AED, Lifeguard, Certified Pool Operator, Lifeguard Instructor