Share in the beauty and traditions that has made Camp Greenville a special place for over 100 years.
You can be part of a dynamic team making an impact on all that we serve, as Development & Alumni Relations Director at YMCA Camp Greenville.
Camp Greenville is an overnight camp established in 1912 that hosts boys and girls from throughout the region and the world for summer camps, retreats and specialty camps. You will get to experience what the great outdoors of Western North Carolina and South Carolina have to offer.
The Development and Alumni Relations Director will provide leadership to Camp Greenville in developing and implementing the YMCA of Greenville’s philanthropic plan as provided by the Chief Philanthropy Officer and raising funds to positively impact camps programs and property. The Development and Alumni Director will work directly with the Camp Executive Director in building alumni donation cultivation while exemplifying a spirit of unified mission, gratitude, and responsible stewardship.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Not only will you be part of amazing mission-driven work, we offer the following benefits:
- 12% Retirement Contribution, once fully vested
- Separate Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- 10 Company Paid Holiday
- Household Membership to the YMCA of Greenville
- Program Discounts
- Medical Benefits
- Company Paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement the Annual Campaign plan for camp according to directives from the Executive Director; communicate plan and action steps to branch leaders and departmental staff.
- Guide camp staff and volunteers in donor solicitation and other roles as required for successful fundraising efforts; coordinate campaign communication efforts to ensure consistent messaging.
- Assist camps leadership to engage alumni; move individual, family, and corporate donors and participants from casual to committed, transitioning them from recipients of camp programs to donors.
- Responsible for
- making a minimum of 10 donor solicitations each month
- making a minimum of 30 intentional contacts monthly that move the prospect solicitation forward in a purposeful way
- making a minimum of 4 new contacts/discovery calls each month
- Personally responsible for cultivating 10 major gift relationships of $5,000 each or more annually, respecting and following supervisor and branch leadership directives and policies as well as fellow development specialist previously established relationships
- Responsible for own donor correspondence (letters, emails, thank you notes, annual giving statements, etc), handled with the utmost professionalism and in a timely manner.
- Act as Event Coordinator for assigned branch Annual Campaign initiatives
- Lead branch-specific grant and sponsorship research and writing according to supervisor and branch leadership directives and with necessary/appropriate approval
- Assist Branch Executive with Advisory Board Governance and Recruitment
- Will intentionally and continuously strive to promote an organizational culture that advances practices and policies which value diversity, strengthen inclusion, and build global community in the US and abroad.
- Act as lead grant writer for Camp Greenville-specific grants. Provide needed information to Association philanthropy department for other grants.
ALUMNI RELATIONS ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plan alumni relation events including but not limited to: Campfire + Cocktails, Lodge Alumni Dinners, Annual Fund Celebrations, and other events.
- Serve as lead staff on the Community Development Committee and Alumni Committee of the Camp Greenville board.
- Conduct alumni research to maintain up-to-date files.
- Develop relationships with alumni by coordinating and attending alumni gatherings and events.
- Manage the Camp Greenville archives in collaboration with volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Association philanthropy department and Executive Director, coordinate and contribute to a variety of alumni and donor publications.
- Manage and direct written and verbal communication as it relates to alumni development including the Mountain View News (camp newsletter).
- Attend alumni events, donor cultivation and other Camp Greenville events.