Dodge City Family YMCA
YMCA of Metuchen
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Sr. Program Director over Youth Engagement Services at the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA oversees the development and operations of various programs such as Before & After school, Day Camp, and other school-age childcare or teen programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
· Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
· YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
· Previous supervisory experience required.
· At least three years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
· Ability to meet certification requirements for a licensed Childcare Director and Camp Director.
· Knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations.
· Ability to think strategically and communicate strategies with directors and senior leadership.
· Possess skills in organization, attention to detail, communication, customer relations, motivating staff/volunteers, managing multiple priorities.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems and demonstrate assertiveness to manage the scope and diversity of responsibilities.
· Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
· CPR/AED/O2/First Aid certifications and Child Abuses Prevention, Understanding Your Biases, Anti-Harassment, Blood Borne Pathogens, Hazard Communication Awareness, and Slips, Trips, and Falls trainings required.
1. Develops, implements and manages operating plans, events and schedules to promote program and/or membership growth and retention for the AMA YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
2. Recruits, trains, develops, evaluates, recognizes and directs staff and volunteers in assigned areas in order to ensure safe, high-quality, and innovative services for members/participants. Ensures staff certifications/trainings are current and complete.
3. Assures compliance with state, local and licensing regulations. Ensures that program standards and procedures are met and followed and accurate records are maintained.
4. Develops and controls department budgets related to the position so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
5. Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic operating plans.
6. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign.
7. Develops and maintains relationships with school administration, parents, and other organizations related to assigned program areas.
8. Assists with marketing and distribution of program information.
· Engaging Community
· Communication & Influence
· Developing Self & Others
Must have the ablity to meet certification requirements for a licensed Childcare Director and Camp Director in the state of Texas.