YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Wendell P. Clark Memorial YMCA
South Sound YMCA
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated YMCA professional to lead the School Age Child Care and Summer Camp program. Highlights of the position include: supervision, staff development, fiscal management, understanding of state and local licensing requirements, creativity in developing curriculum and relationship building with families, staff and community partners.
· Be at least 21 years old.
· BA in Education or related field of study and able to be certified as a Head Teacher by the State of Wisconsin.
· High ability to recruit, motivate, retain, and coach staff while working within a team atmosphere.
· Exemplifies a proactive, hands-on and professional work ethic.
· Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills.
· Knowledge of child growth and development.
· Plan, develop, supervise, and implement the program activities for each program.
· Develop and distribute parent communication.
· Assume responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all children.
· Coordinate and organize “Back to School Nights”, School Day Out Camp and participate in YMCA special events.
· Handle all staff discipline issues. Keep proper written documentation.
· Advocate for children and their families.
· Assist with hiring and supervising staff.
· Organize and coordinate registration for all programs.
· Ensure that the site program meets and follow State of Wisconsin license regulations.
· Monitor children’s files to be sure they are complete and accurate.
· Work with Youth and Family Director to develop program budgets for all school-age sites and camp.
· Uphold and exemplify the policies and guidelines of the Geneva Lakes Family YMCA and the Elementary School at all times. Continue professional development by attending meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
· Attend YMCA and Elementary meetings that are required by the Youth and Family Director.
· All other duties assigned.
· Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the YMCA: Understands and supports the mission of the YMCA; displays the YMCA values; displays flexibility and accepts changes; is willing to try new methods and make suggestions; shows a strong commitment to the YMCA; conveys enthusiasm for the YMCA and his/her work.
· Builds Community: Understands and embraces the role of volunteers; helps members and participants make connections to others and to the YMCA; practices effective relationship-building techniques; supports the role of fund-raising in achieving the YMCA mission.
· Provides a Quality Experience for Members, Participants, Internal Customer and Other: Possesses the ability to deliver outstanding experiences for members, participants, internal customers and others; builds warm and supportive relationships; consistently greets and assists everyone in a positive way; strives to provide service that will exceed expectations; responds to concerns and complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action for prompt resolution; looks for better ways to serve in involve members, participants, internal customers and others.
· Works Productively: Demonstrates responsible actions; consistently performs duties in a safe and conscientious manner within the agreed upon timeframe; follows standards, policies and procedures; is reliable and consistently punctual; actively participates in staff meetings, required trainings, and other work related activities; uses good judgment; uses YMCA resources appropriately and efficiently.
· Uses Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates Effectively: Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.
· Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid, AED, medication administration, EPI pen and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
· Must have a recent TB test and physical.
· Must clear fingerprint background check and complete any other licensing requirements.