YMCA of the USA
YMCA of Central Ohio
The YMCA East Hampton RECenter
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Oversees assigned areas of a YMCA branch, which include Sports, Aquatics, Health and Wellness, Camps, Karate, Music, and Youth and Community Programs. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, recreation, business or a related field,
or equivalent, preferred.
2. Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
3. Ability to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision
of staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations,
and program development.
4. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
5. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
6. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
7. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
1. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
4. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
5. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
6. Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
7. May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
8. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Multi-Team or Branch Leader):
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.