$45 Million YMCA scheduled to break ground Spring 2022. Will work at current Hammond, IN location to build relationships in community!
Under the direction of the COO, The Executive Director III (EDIII) will manage the day-to-day operations and leads innovations throughout their portfolio and through leadership of specialty initiatives in the organization. The EDIII is strategically guided by the COO, YMCA operating principles, Association Leadership Norms and must operate in a manner consistent with our organizational values. The EDIII is responsible for ensuring the successful launch and operations of the new destination YMCA in Hammond. This 110,000 square foot, $45 Million project will break ground Spring 2022. Please see this site for further information https://crymca.org/HammondDestinationYMCA This senior leader will also provide guidance to the current Hammond YMCA until the new branch opens. The EDIII is a vital member of YMCA leadership staff and a highly visible representative of the YMCA mission, core values and are accountable for knowing and properly executing all YMCA policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, business, social services, or equivalent is required.
- Eight or more years of professional experience in the YMCA or another nonprofit preferred.
- Possess appropriate knowledge, experience and self-guided nature capable of providing leadership in all aspects of operations, including team member supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and property management, financial management, human resources, risk management, marketing and public relations, utilizing technology to track and record progress and is open to approaches outside normal industry practices.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and team members.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community, track record of building authentic, constructive relationships with others.
- CPR/AED/First Aid and New Employee Orientation required with 30 days of hire.
- YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and initiative.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; occasionally stoop/bend.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.