What you’ll do:
- Ensure procedures, policies and public relations at all times.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, management, growth and evaluation of all assigned camp programs.
- Serve as host to facilitate a quality experience for all campers, including assigned groups (May includes holidays, weekends & nights).
- Responsible for overseeing adventure/challenge/high ropes activities within programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising staff that are needed to facilitate camp programs within assigned departments.
- Work closely with the Food Service Manager and Facilities manager to coordinate food service and facility needs of campers & guests.
- Act as a team member, working closely with other staff including the Executive Director on all interrelated matters.
- Responsible for a budget, achieving revenue goals, and maintaining control of expenses.
- Responsible for the marketing of all assigned programs. This includes preparation and dissemination of camp literature as well as communicating in person, on the phone and via social media to potential families, campers and/or groups.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate files and records.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper use of all camp equipment.
- Work with the Camp Executive Director to learn all facets of camp programming and operations beyond assigned programs. Serve as one of three program directors or coordinators responsible for general camp operation.
- Oversee ACA Accreditation process with support from all other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
How you’ll do it:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in camping and demonstrated success in organizing recreational activities in a camp setting.
- Current lifeguard or can acquire required certifications in the first 6 months of job, preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: nights and weekends included.
- Proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to, and a passion for, the mission of the YMCA.
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Team Leader competencies in previous experience or practice.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising all assigned camp staff.
- Experience leading, motivating and supporting a diverse, high-performing team including identifying, selecting, onboarding, developing and evaluating team members.
- Strategic thinking skills including effective planning, goal-setting, monitoring progress, tracking results and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Budget and expense management experience, with the ability to assist in managing budgets to plan.
- Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively communicate on a regular basis with internal/external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with customers, team members and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Proficiency in Google Applications (gmail, docs, sheets, etc) and Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel), email; ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
- Sr. Manager of Overnight Camp programs for Camp Duncan and Camp Independence and Family Camp. Will support other departments (Groups, Day camp) as needed.
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR
- Current American Red Cross lifeguard or can acquire required certifications in the first 6 months of job, preferred.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than October 15, 2021 or your start date, whichever occurs later, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.