YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region
YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region
G. Cecil Pruett Community Center Family YMCA
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director – the Sr. Director of Healthy Living is a key member of the senior leadership team and primarily responsible for maintaining a dynamic, industry-leading fitness center and array of fitness classes and programs that advance the engagement, fitness, health and well-being of all members, including those most new to the Y. The Senior Director is a dynamic and experienced leader with an acute capacity to cultivate and involve a wide variety of members, volunteers, colleagues, staff and others. The organization’s primary leader in the arena of wellness and fitness, the Senior Director has responsibility for delivering a premiere member experience, value, service, and retention by effectively curating, planning, and implementing our association’s Community Health & Wellness Programming.
The Sr. Director of Healthy Living will oversee all evidence-based health interventions (EBHI) program operations; ensure high-quality program delivery that maintains fidelity to curriculum and results in measurable health status improvement of participants; commit to and support the Y mission and more specifically, the vision and goals of the Y’s focus on health seekers; develop strong relationships with the health care community and other partners; and provide support and guidance to front line program staff. As a senior leader, the incumbent’s success depends on his/her ability to effectively engage and work directly with staff and volunteers of all types.
As the Fitness Center and all Fitness programs are central to the meeting member growth goals, the Senior Director – Healthy Living must operate with a tireless focus on excellence in every aspect of the Association’s focus on Healthy Living, including all programs and facilities related to this program area. The Senior Director will work across the organization as a whole, in constant collaboration with other Y departments and programs to help ensure outstanding organizational performance. In so doing, the incumbent is also accountable to advance the Y’s cause as a philanthropic organization, and therefore will be an enthusiastic and visible leader in all philanthropic activities of the Y, modeling for his/her staff, peers and others his/her commitment to financial development during the Annual Campaign and throughout the year. As a member of the Y management team, the incumbent actively participates as needed in a variety of cross-departmental projects and initiatives that advance the Y mission and strategic plan goals.
· Bachelor’s degree, with advanced education in exercise physiology and/or fitness/wellness training.
· Demonstrated leadership success in dynamic wellness/fitness environments supervising a diverse group of staff and collaborating with a variety of peers, volunteers, athletes and health seekers.
· Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in a charitable, philanthropic environment with direct engagement with customers, members, volunteers, clients or others served by the organization. Experience recruiting, engaging and developing volunteers for specific roles.
· Certified training instructor, with minimum two years’ experience as a group exercise or personal trainer. In-depth knowledge of exercise physiology and current trends in the fitness field.
· Experience managing department budgets, staffing schedules and staff payroll accounting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of computers.
· YMCA Multi-Team/Branch Leader Certification preferred.
· Supervises Health & Wellness Manager & Fitness Team Leads in maintaining schedules, training staff, maintaining accurate CPR/AED and job related certifications, as well as other departmental duties.
· Maintain currency in all required trainings and certifications for floor staff, personal trainers and group exercise instructors. Manage staffing schedules to ensure top quality Fitness Center coverage during all hours of operation, as well as top quality operation of all group exercise classes and programs.
· Ensure that outstanding Wellness experiences are provided to all members (i.e. leading excellent wellness floor services, supporting the delivery of outstanding personal wellness training experiences, inspiring excellent new member on-boarding experiences, etc.) to increase member satisfaction and participation in wellness activities.
· Develop, introduce and maintain innovative fitness and wellness classes and programs to meet the emerging and evolving interests and needs of members in all age groups (e.g., training programs for athletes, injury and illness recovery programs, wellness programs for sustained fitness, virtual fitness programing etc.).
· Curating a quality member experience for Chronic Disease Programming & Healthy Aging Initiatives. Will require a thoughtful coordination of fitness expert staff and schedules to support a balanced lifestyle that will provide opportunities for both physical and mental wellness experiences.
· Maintain a strong knowledge base on the latest fitness equipment, and ensure that the Fitness Center equipment is well maintained. Make recommendations for equipment upgrades and purchases.
· As necessary, assist with management and reporting of grant programs (participation, quality, data collection, record-keeping, statistical reporting, documentation of expenses, invoicing, and outcomes).
· Developing and growing community partnerships. Represent and promote the YMCA in the community and develop positive working relationships with other community agencies in service delivery area.
· Will sit on community councils such as Madison/Chatham Mayor Wellness Council, NJ Health Alliance, Susan G. Simon Cancer Center Community Council, and Senior Citizens Advisory Committee.
· Represent the Y through community events to promote membership and enhance organizational positioning.
· Build strong relationships with grants, healthcare, and community partners.
· Assists in leading the braches Emergency Action Plan council.
· Shares responsibilities for program supervision, public relations, planning, and marketing promotions.
· Maintain, monitor and review the ActiveLinxxTM , programs designed for members’ safety.
· Provide ActiveLinxxTM orientations when necessary.
· Instruct group exercise classes when needed.
· Submit payroll for all hourly Personal Trainers to Human Resources before scheduled deadline.
· Maintain constant focus on the organization’s cause as a charitable organization, continuously engendering in staff a strong commitment to the Y’s philanthropic goals and active participation in its philanthropic activities.
· Demonstrate and develop in staff a skill set, constant awareness and empathy for meeting member needs. Ensure staff is highly trained and skilled in understanding how to best meet members’ wellness needs, as well as how to best advance member engagement in the Y.
· Develop, monitor and execute monthly and annual budgets for the Fitness Center, operating within financial constraints to optimize limited financial resources.
· Actively cultivate and partner with volunteers across the organization to assure that programs, classes and services meet and exceed member health/wellness expectations.
· Works closely with all YMCA staff in the area of Active Older Adult Programming.
· Be an intricate member of the Family Center staff team, working toward an increase in member growth, satisfaction and retention.
· Participation in registrations, open houses, Healthy Kids Day and other YMCA community events.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.