As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we’re looking for a diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Residential and Outdoor Programs, the Executive Director leads the overall operation including, membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer development, staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with the Association Office. A YMCA Executive Director is one who creates and leads effective staff and volunteer teams to further the mission and values of the YMCA. The Camp High Harbour Executive Director will play a major role in the visioning and execution of the camp’s long-range plan.
YMCA Camp High Harbour at Lake Allatoona is located in Cartersville, GA. YMCA Camp High Harbour serves the entire Metro Atlanta community as the resident camp for the Metro Atlanta YMCA. Camp High Harbour at Lake Allatoona is a mid-size branch with over 3,000 campers each summer and also serving year-round programs (ie: Family Retreats, Group Rental, YMCA Membership Program Enhancements, Gold and Bold Program, etc.). The total budget for YMCA Camp High Harbour at Lake Allatoona is approximately $2,500,000.
Our vision is to be the premier outdoor camp in the country for transforming today’s youth into tomorrow’s leaders.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of YMCA management experience, preferably in executive or senior leadership positions.
- Must have skills and ability in program development and delivery, human resources management, financial management, facility management and in coaching and leading staff, members and volunteers.
- Experience with youth programs, board development and philanthropic development
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Hands-on experience with utilizing data to make an informed decision.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment
- Commitment to the mission of the YMCA of Atlanta and its core values.
- Coordinates the development of the branch community engagement board and committees.
- Directs the financial development activities at the branch which includes developing, managing and monitoring branch budgets.
- Provides effective leadership in staff recruitment, training, supervision, recognition, support and career development of the staff team.
- Assures branch implementation of Association policies and procedures.
- Leads the branch in program planning, marketing, developing and delivery of high-quality programs.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities.
- Provides leadership and direction of the Annual Giving Campaign and capital campaigns.
- Leads innovated growth strategies around summer and retreat season programming.
- Lead member involvement and relationship-building strategies to increase participation, enrollment, and volunteerism.
- Participates in activities of those committees developing and implementing policy in the area of program, property, marketing and customer service.
- Interprets and communicates the objectives and programs of the branch to the community.
- Leads the strategic positioning of the branch to meet the goals of the Metro-wide strategic plan
Additional duties based on Branch needs:
- Strong fundraising and volunteer development experience with specific experience leading volunteers in securing financial support in total over $125,000
- Experience leading multiple full-time staff facility and services staff
- Experience managing a budget over $2,500,000.
- Specific experience with youth development programming and strongly preferred experience with the American Camping Association
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Camp Registration Software
The YMCA branch will be seen as an advocate for youth development and community collaborations. The goals of the organization will be met and risk will be managed or eliminated when necessary. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the sound administration of departments, the diversity of the branch board, the stated satisfaction of staff and members and a sound fiscal position of the branch as a whole.
Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 20% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds.