Does leading a team in Aquatics while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
The Aquatics Director oversees and provides leadership to the Aquatics Program. The Aquatic Director is responsible for the development, administration, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all related programs. Develop and implements a comprehensive Aquatics program for the YMCA.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The Y: Official Job Description Page 2 The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. 4 Core Values of YMCA of San Diego County: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
- Strong organizational abilities; self-starter with initiative to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers
- Proven fiscal management skills, knowledge of and expertise in aquatics programming
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
POSITION SUPERVISES: Aquatics department staff
TRAVEL REQUIRED: This position requires minimal travel throughout San Diego County.
Current certifications in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration. Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA of the USA or Red Cross). Current YMCA of the USA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (YMCA certification within 6 months)