Storytelling is a powerful tool to communicate information, influence opinions... seeking an individual to help the Y increase awareness...
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas’ Marketing and Communications department is looking for an individual who is innovative, a fast learner, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This person will support the Marketing and Communications department in a cross-functional capacity serving the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas association staff and communities. They will collaborate and work with staff of varying degrees and levels.
BENEFITS & INCENTIVES
- Free individual or family membership
- Discounts on Y programs including summer camps, enrichment classes, youth sports, childcare and more!
- Flexibility in work schedule during the week with approval of supervisor
- Eligible to enroll in a 403(b) tax deferred account at beginning of employment
- Paid time off based on hours worked and years of service
- Training and leadership development opportunities
- Remote work opportunities
- 12% Retirement paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements
- Paid Professional Development & Organization Membership opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
- Employee referral awards of $50 and up
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, recording and presentation skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Content creation, social media posts & ads
- Creative abilities using Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier, Audition a plus
- Website editing using a CMS such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Email marketing (Constant Contact or similar)
- Bilingual abilities are a plus (write and/or speak proficiently)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus.
- Prefer 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in marketing or communications
- Experience managing marketing calendar
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Innovative and forward-thinking
- Self-starter, ability to learn and adopt new concepts/trainings to current role
- A natural curiosity to learn about the Y and stories from members, volunteers, staff and the community that need to be told
- Exceptional customer service and professional office etiquette is a must.
MARCOM TEAM ENVIRONMENT
The Marketing & Communications team is a dynamic, hard-working, creative, and fun group of marketing professionals that is passionate about the mission of the Y and the impact it makes with members, program participants, donors, volunteers, guests, staff, and the community. Each person has a strong work ethic, is a team player and steps up to lead various initiatives and projects. The team is well-regarded locally and nationally. The team is diverse in backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives, has a balanced energy and approach to problem solving. Each person has the ability to work independently and cross-functionally. It meets regularly once per week and as needed based on the needs of the team and organization. The MarCom prides itself in having fun and the ability to laugh while working to meet very tight deadlines. New team members must be detailed oriented, well-organized, highly productive and can adapt to change.
- Ability to maintain relationships with branch staff and consult with team members
- Manage & organize multiple requests from a variety of staff including branches and departments
- Represent association on consultative projects and questions from all areas within the Y movement
RELATIONSHIPS TO BE MAINTAINED
- Develop and maintain strong relations with Association, Branch staff and volunteers as well as participate in YMCA training, meetings, conferences as approved by supervisor.
Storytelling is a powerful tool to communicate information, influence opinions and build brand trust. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is seeking a uniquely talented individual to help the Y increase its brand awareness of through storytelling and digital communications. This person will write, edit, create and curate content including stories, blog posts/news articles, videos, social media and graphics to be distributed to members, program participants, volunteers, staff and the North Texas community. This person will need to engage a variety of diverse audiences with content that will foster values of the Y and its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This role will also collaborate with the entire Marketing & Communications team on events (virtual and in-person), local and national initiatives such as YMCA Day of Giving, Annual Celebration, Father of the Year, Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot and more. The desired result will be an increase in awareness, engagement, and participation of YMCA audiences across channels.
Under the direction of the Digital Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Specialist/Storyteller will:
- Develop stories with writing, photography, video and more to communicate the impact of the Y to our external audiences
- Help manage social media accounts for the Association and branches
- Write engaging articles about Y activities, events, members to be used in email news communications for the Association and all branches.
- Provide event support for the Association and Branch events where necessary.
- Be a content curator for digital and traditional communications and media
- Perform other duties based on the needs of the organization