Indian River Family YMCA
Suffolk Family YMCA
YMCA of Southern Maine
The Senior Program Director of Aquatics for our association will ensure our organization provides the community with exceptional swim lessons and aquatics programming, ridiculously safe swimming pools and life-saving water safety awareness.
This hard-working, strategic-minded, detail-oriented leader will smoothly guide the Aquatics Department through both rough waters and blue skies, navigating budgetary, community and philanthropic endeavors along the way.
Will you float our boat? You might be the right candidate if...
"Swimming" is your middle name (maybe not your legal middle name per se, but something you've adopted over the years). Your passion for water safety and swimming skill is balanced with your programming prowess, leadership chops and organizational skills. Our future aquatics director will be committed to all aspects of the position: creating and managing the annual budget, hiring, training and supervising a strong Lifeguard and Swim Instructor staff team, creating and implementing meaningful programming including management of a competitive swim team league all while providing excellent customer service to our members and participants.
Basically, you are the gold medalist of aquatics administration.
You are a leader. You have a proven track record of successfully managing aquatics programs. You understand best practices and trends in the aquatics world, and you are able to work with staff to ensure forward-thinking, top-notch programs, training and customer service. Yes, customer service! You realize that the success of your programs depends on the satisfaction of your participants, and you work with your staff to ensure high-quality experiences for all.
You are comfortable with nay, you love budgeting, implementing policies, tackling administrative and marketing duties, training and doing work that some may consider dull...but you certainly would not!
You can effectively supervise staff and direct program planning. You can lead a team through inspiration, coaching and clearly communicated expectations, and you can communicate in a professional, friendly manner to diverse teams as well as our participant base.
You understand that the Y is not just a swimming pool or a gym. It's a community. You are not simply helping people learn new skills or get a better workout. You are helping them find a support system, improve their wellbeing and feel confident and safe in the water. At the end of the day, you know you are saving lives and empowering kids and adults to develop a life-long love for the water.
Hiring Salary Range is $45,000-$50,000/year. This position is year-round, full-time exempt and includes generous medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, free YMCA family membership, 50% reduced rates on YMCA of Northern Colorado programs including personal training, swim lessons, after school programs, preschool childcare, day camp programs and more. We provide contributions of 10% of your salary to the YMCA Retirement Fund for eligible staff.
To protect our community, all Licensed Child Care Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 1, 2021 or prior to hire. Since all Full-Time YMCA Employees may be called upon to interact with our children and families in our licensed school-age programs they too are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 1, 2021 or prior to hire.
The successful applicant will work and train alongside our current SPD of Aquatics starting as soon as practical but no later than mid to late November 2021.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
2. Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
3. Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
4. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
5. Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
6. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
7. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
8. Required Certifications:
· CPR and First Aid
· Lifeguard, CPR, AED, First Aid and O2 certification
· Lifeguard Instructor certification
· Certified Pool Operator
· Swim Lesson Instructor
· Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote aquatic program and membership growth for the YMCA. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community.
· Executes strategies to ensure that program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
· Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Facilitates rental agreements for pool usage of both internal and external usage groups.
· Develops and controls aquatics department budgets.
· Hires, trains, and supervises aquatics staff and volunteers. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
· Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Schedules and executes appropriate safety drills. Determines and maintains appropriate first aid supplies in the facilities.
· Sets expectation for proper maintenance of pools and accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
· Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
· Ensures high-quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
· Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/
boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
· Works closely with the marketing department to ensure all marketing deadlines are met and initiatives are successful.
· Coordinates special events and activities. Fulfill association-wide responsibilities.
· Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation