YMCA of the USA
YMCA of Central Ohio
The YMCA East Hampton RECenter
The YMCA of the Chesapeake has an immediate opening for a Cause-Driven leader at a YMCA branch in the growing community of Cecil County, Maryland. Located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Cecil County is a beautiful community an hour northeast of Baltimore and an hour southwest of Philadelphia. Pre-Pandemic this 100,000 square foot facility served over 8,200 community members through membership, with a large after school program. Currently the membership base is rebounding and is at 92% recovery and growing. We are in the initial phase of planning for a facility update. This is a diverse community with wide ranging socio-economic demographics. This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated, innovative cause-driven leader to join a growing, mission-based association with an exciting vision for the future.
The Branch Executive Director supports the work of the YMCA of the Chesapeake through the YMCA pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Branch Executive Director stewards the Y's cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Branch Executive Director oversees the operation of the Cecil County Family Y and guides volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders.
· Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
· YMCA Multi-Team Leader Certification preferred.
· Five or more years of management experience, YMCA experience is required.
· Excellent communication skills and proficient with use of technology.
· Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
· Assures the branch operates with safety as the top priority.
· Develops and partners with a diverse volunteer Leadership Council that actively supports the Y's goals and strategic plans.
· Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of the community feel welcome and supported at the Y and finds the Y accessible.
· Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y's impact for all stakeholders including staff, volunteers, members, community leaders.
· Develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, non-profits, schools, businesses and governmental entities.
· Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
· Develops and directs high-quality member engagement strategies and programs that support branch and association goals and strategies.
· Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
· Develops annual branch operating plan in alignment with the Association strategic plan.
· Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
· Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds and equipment.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.