YMCA of the USA
The Valley of the Sun YMCA is one of the top 50 YMCA associations in the United States that has transformed its culture, vision and operations in the last 2 years. With 14 branches in Phoenix, Yuma and Flagstaff along with a thriving overnight camp in Prescott. We are fast growing as a cause-driven organization that is focused on improving the nation's health, well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. If you share a commitment to being a part of a greater movement then a career with the YMCA is for you. The ideal candidate for this opportunity is strategic, innovative, influential and can build strong collaborative working relationships across the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A VICE PRESIDENT OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Responsible for managing and supporting leadership development, organizational culture and design, staff retention, implementation and evaluation of continuous performance improvement and professional development programs for executives and emerging staff leaders.
- As a member of the President/CEO’s senior leadership team, this position creates and implements a sustainable world-class high performance culture and promotes/positions the Valley of the Sun YMCA as a world class YMCA.
- Stewards YUSA Leadership Certification process for eligible staff including organizing local trainings, registration for trainings, etc.
- Manages all aspects of YMCA Leadership Academy (YLA) and Advanced Leadership Academy (ALA), through curriculum building, recruitment, facilitation, etc.
- Responsible for annual preparation and facilitation of the Organization Talent Review Process (9-box).
- Collaborates with senior leadership to identify and develop key talent to increase the effectiveness of the leadership development system and staff performance management.
- Evaluates, designs, and delivers the existing and new leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior manager.
- Creates a five year strategic roadmap for leadership development to link efforts to the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Creates training plans and timelines in support of VOSY Y high performance culture.
- Promotes and seeks out external recognition of the VOS Y as a high performing organization.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A VICE PRESIDENT OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree in Organizational Leadership or related field preferred. Coaching certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in leadership development, coaching, curriculum building and facilitation.
- Highly skilled and confident in facilitating in person and virtual trainings, meetings and sessions with large and small groups. Ability to train other facilitators.
- Must possess a strong and inviting presence.
- Track record of curriculum design for diverse stakeholders.
- Must be proactive, action-oriented, flexible, and adaptable leader, capable of working in a highly demanding, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organized and detailed-oriented.
- Self-starter with a self-motivating attitude.
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Experience working with volunteers and board of directors.
FULL TIME BENEFITS:
- 12% Employer Funded Retirement Plan (once eligible)
- Free YMCA Family Membership
- Free Programs for dependents
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued)
- Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings
- 403b Retirement Savings Account upon hire
- Employee Assistant Program
OUR YMCA CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.