This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Program Coordinator at Camp Crosley YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals. This person assists in the development, implementation, and delivery of all camp programs at Camp Crosley. The job supports all facets of camp operation from programming, facility, communication, staff development, and service to all participants in camp operation under the supervision of the Summer Camp Director.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Child Abuse Prevention Training prior to first shifts
- At least one year of direct supervisory experience in camping
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience with youth programs preferred
- Assist the Summer Camp Director in staff hiring/training, program development, and ensuring all program needs are met for the following summer.
- Will be given a primary oversight of one of camp’s activity program areas (such as aquatics, high ropes, target sports, etc…). Responsibilities include staff training for that particular area, providing lesson plans, and making sure supplies/equipment are up to standard.
- Will be given responsibility of a summer camp program working with a specific age group. Responsible for the specific age group in the following: programming, staff management, and overall camper experience.
- Assist with Groups and Retreats by making sure all program needs and goals for groups using the facility are met. Responsibilities would include organizing program areas, implementing program schedule, maintaining a clean facility, and working with the group to ensure a quality experience.
- Assist the Facility Director in Grounds and building projects
- Assist with scheduled camp staff meetings
- Putting forth an honest effort, admitting mistakes. Your integrity is reflected in your honest choices.
- Caring, compassionate and accountable to anyone that we serve. We strive to put the needs of others before our own. We strive to do what is best for the individual and the community.
- Respect for all individuals that enter Camp Crosley YMCA. We provide opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to experience a safe learning environment where everyone is encouraged to grow.
- Be an active contributing member of the camp community and take responsibility for all the roles you play.
- Live by and teach the Four Principles of the Camp Crosley: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Maintain the health and safety of campers, members, and participants.
- Assist the campers, members, and participants as they increase their understanding of their natural and social environments.
- Ensure that all applicable YMCA, ACA (American Camp Association), local, state, and federal regulations are fulfilled.
- Guide and direct campers, members, and participants toward their potential by creating a loving and supportive environment.
- Actively participate in teaching and assisting in activities.
- Provide program leadership by being prepared at all times to teach a variety of camp activities.
- Recognize campers, members, and participants for their personal growth, exemplary behavior, and skill attainment. Effectively prepare end of session camper notes and submit in a timely fashion.
- Be flexible and assist in any and all areas of Camp Crosley as needed and directed.
ADVANCING OUR MISSION AND CAUSE provides visionary leadership to the organization and to ensure that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community
- Change Leadership: Facilitates, co-creates, and implements equitable change for the good of the organization and/or community
- Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit
- Philanthropy: Secures resources and support to advance the Y’s work
- Volunteerism: Engages volunteers and promotes social responsibility at all levels of the organization
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS connect people to the Y’s cause by developing inclusive relationships, partnerships and collaborations so that Ys can co-create solutions to pressing social needs
- Collaboration: Creates sustainable relationships within the Y and with other organizations in service to the community
- Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y’s cause
- Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence
LEADING OPERATIONS ensure relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of the organization so that we can continue to fulfill our promise to the community
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment
- Fiscal Management: Manages the Y’s resources responsibly and sustains the Y’s nonprofit business model
- Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role
- Innovation: Creates and implements new and relevant approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s work and impact in the community
- Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs
DEVELOPING & INSPIRING PEOPLE support the holistic development of self and others so that everyone can embrace the Y’s cause, sustain the Y’s culture, and inspire others to take individual and collective action to further our impact
- Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates ability to understand and manage emotions effectively in all