Be in charge of the communication, programming, and safety of kids at an Elementary school before and after school.
Program Hours: 6:30 - 8:15 am and 3:10-6 pm
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Director, the Site Director is responsible for directing the Before and After School YMCA School Activities at the specified school. She/he will be responsible for the organization of the program and will relate directly to students, parents and school personnel. Schedule includes Before School Program hours, After School Program Hours, designated Office Hours, School’s Out Camp, special events/training and may include Summer Day Camp.
- Designated as a First Responder in the event of an emergency.
- Provide ongoing training and resources around youth development techniques and strategies for staff according to YMCA and program guidelines.
- Use appropriate, safe, and fun activities based on participant age and ability.
- Create a safe environment that helps all youth, volunteers, family and staff feel welcome and respected.
- Actively implement regular evaluation of program goals, environment, and outcomes.
- Partner with parents and caregivers, staff and external partners to support overall program outcomes (program and home support).
- Plan, supervise, implement curriculum/activities and evaluate the program and related responsibilities (e.g. School’s Out Program, Summer Day Camp, etc) in accordance with the goals of the YMCA Before and After School Program. Curriculum includes, but is not limited to, family and parent engagement, health and wellness, academic enrichment, 21st Century skills, and Global Learning and Inclusion.
- Must be at specified site for 90% of the time that it is open, arriving at least 10-15 minutes prior to its start.
- Follow and maintain behavior management policies outlined by the Before and After School program and adhere to Child Abuse Prevention guidelines for the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis and reinforce same policies with site staff.
- Continuously communicate effectively with parents, caregivers, and school personnel around program goals on a regular basis both verbally and through monthly parent newsletter.
- Maintain current records on all children enrolled in the program, including attendance and emergency information.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty and conduct oneself in accordance with the YMCA Mission.
- Have a complete knowledge of emergency procedures appropriate for the individual site to ensure the safety of all children.
- Be responsible for the set-up, maintenance and tear down of site and maintain quality of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Develop partnerships among staff, parents, and caregivers, and community organizations (schools, youth programs, etc.) to maximize program impact.
- Notify Program Director in writing of planned absences at least 2 weeks in advance. (emergencies excluded).
- Provide structured opportunities for staff and parents and caregivers to work together toward common goals for youth.
- Maintain caring and respectful communication when addressing challenging concerns with families.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Assist with other projects or activities as needed.
- Masks and sanitizing is happening.