Morrisville Branch YMCA
YMCA of Bucks County seeks passionate teachers- Lead and Assistants -to develop youth in our desirable New Hope, PA location. Come join us!
A good teacher is like a candle—it consumes itself to light the way for others. - Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
YMCA of Bucks County is seeking a Lead Teacher for our Toddler classroom at the New Hope branch. The Lead Teacher will implement the curriculum within established guidelines. They will design and accomplish daily classroom activities, and facilitate active learning. They will be a great communicator to parents and colleagues. They will also guide the assistant teacher (if applicable) and communicate needs and suggestions with other staff and the director.
- We offer a full comprehensive compensation package which includes:
- Retirement Plan: 12% Employer Contribution
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Supplemental Insurance Options (AFLAC)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403(b) Smart Account
- Free Family Membership
- Childcare and camp program discounts...and more...
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma required, college credits in ECE, related field or CDA strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working with children (can include coaching, babysitting, paid work, volunteering, etc.)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child Development, or Special Education a plus!
- Ability to perform First Aid/CPR/AED/Emergency Oxygen (training will be provided)
- Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in accordance with the academic curriculum, working closely with
- the grade-level team
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills as per curriculum
- Work closely with students, families, and colleagues to create an environment that is supportive of student progress
- Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold classroom management techniques
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure all students meet the learning objectives
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your lesson plans
- Participate in school, departmental, and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities, and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Character Development Statement
At the YMCA, we have valued the following attributes of personal character and ethical behavior and believe that they are essential to attaining our mission:
Caring: To be sensitive, understanding and responsive to the well-being of self and others.
Honesty: To be truthful, trustworthy, sincere and fair in word and action.
Respect: To value the worth of person and property. Treating others as you would have them treat you.
Responsibility: To recognize, accept and fulfill the obligation to contribute to a better society.
YMCA of Bucks County is a charitable, nonprofit organization committed to strengthening our communities through membership and programs that foster youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for all.