Greater Somerset County YMCA is seeking a Director of Aquatics to oversee aquatic operations at our Hillsborough branch.
Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Greater Somerset County YMCA is seeking a Director of Aquatics to oversee aquatic operations at our Hillsborough branch. Under the direction of the Branch Executive Director, the Aquatics Director will provide leadership in developing, implementing, and administering aquatics programs that are consistent with the mission of Greater Somerset County YMCA and supervise approximately 60 part-time staff including Lifeguards, Deck Supervisors and Swim Instructors.
Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all aquatic programs including but not limited to swim lessons (parent/child, preschool, youth, adult, private and summer camp), and lifeguard training.
- Develop and manage the Aquatics Department budget.
- Supervise Deck Supervisors, Swim/Aquacise Instructors and Lifeguards.
- Recruitment, selection, training, development and evaluation of Aquatics program staff.
- Coordinate and schedule private swim lessons, group swim lessons, water exercise classes, open lane swim and pool rentals.
- Responsible for training all Aquatics staff on emergency response and opening and closing procedures, Blood Borne Pathogen/HAZMAT, and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Teach swim lessons, water exercise, swim instructor and LGI trainings and other aquatic classes as needed.
- Scheduling and coverage of all assigned lifeguard and/or swim instructor shifts.
- Responsible for planning and conducting monthly in-service trainings for Aquatics staff who hold Lifeguard certification.
- Responsible for running YMCA and American Red Cross certification or re-certification classes for current staff and membership population.
- Responsible for maintaining certification records.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Maintains a pool schedule that balances the needs of all aquatic groups, planning and conducting regular drills.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean pool environment to include properly testing of pool chemicals for proper balance and filtration systems, cleaning all decks, equipment, stainless steel with the assistance of facilities staff.
- Schedule and assist with yearly shutdown cleaning scheduling and conduction.
Greater Somerset County YMCA offers the following employee benefits for our full-time employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Reduced program fees / school-aged child care
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs "Y Retirement Fund" with a 12% company contribution to fund after eligibility period.
- Paid time off
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long term disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug-free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.