YGS is seeking a responsible and engaged leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading the Sammamish Aquatics programs.
We are looking for five responsible and engaged leaders who are excited at the prospect of developing and leading our Aquatics team and programs. Our staff team plays a key role in developing the potential in our young people, ensuring aquatic safety standards are met, and serving on an engaging and dynamic team. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, growth, and evaluation of effective, innovative, and safe aquatics programs. You will ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and that members and program participants have an exceptional experience.
Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
YGS will comply with all WA State mandates regarding vaccinations.
All YGS staff in Child Care roles will be required to be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021. All YGS staff will be required to be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021 regardless of work location. Religious and Medical Exemptions will be considered at time of hire.
- Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent education/experience. Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
- Four or more years of related experience including staff and volunteer supervision, program development, budget management, and fundraising.
- Ability/experience training Aquatic employees.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and to represent the Y in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database, spreadsheet software, and web-based applications.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Cause Driven Leader Level: Organizational Leader
- Values: Strengthens the Y’s culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and passion for excellence - in every aspect of work
- Inclusion: Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
- Develop Self and Others: Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development
- Quality Results: Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism
- Change Capacity: Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y’s mission
- Inspire Others: Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude and building strong relationships
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the well-being of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.