Responsible for Camp Jewell summer camp program development and oversight of main camp villages. In addition responsible for all Camp Jewell Family Camp and Outdoor Center Programs.
- Job Title: Camp Program Director - Overnight Experience Required
- 6 Prock Hill Rd
- Colebrook, CT, 06021
- United States
- Base Pay: $40000.00 / Year
- Employee Type: Full Time - Exempt
- Name: Craig Dawson
- Phone: 860-379-2782
- Email: [email protected]
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience supervising programs and managing a budget.
- Experience in camp, outdoor center, environmental education, recreation and/or ropes course programming
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of youth, adult, and/or family programs preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creativity, excellent organizational skills, willing to be a team player.
- Required to reside on camp premises; housing provided.
- Responsible for development of summer camp clinics and special event programming.
- Ensuring consistent, high touch communication with camp families and campers.
- Responsible for hosting additional year-round programming.
- Hire summer camp staff.
- Develop summer camp staff training.
- Actively market, develop and promote Camp Jewell’s programs.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous assistance exceeding customer expectations every day, which includes building and maintaining healthy professional relationships with summer camp families, staff, and the local community.
- Support and contribute to a safe, clean camp environment for staff and guests.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and organize pre summer trainings and ensure staff are certified in required areas.
- Attend all branch and Association meetings as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of association policies and procedures, risk management and safety practices and applicable laws.
- Serve on branch and Association committees and contribute to training and special events as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for a budget, for achieving revenue goals, and for controlling expenses.