Responsible for promoting Camp Jewell Outdoor Center and Summer camp programs to prospective and current groups/families, developing new and innovative programs and ensure high quality customer service, build positive relationships with a focus on camp program growth. This position will work with the leadership team on fostering relationships with existing and potential donors to our annual and capital campaign along with alumni development.
- Job Title: Community Engagement and Sales Director - Overnight Camp
- 6 Prock Hill Rd
- Colebrook, CT, 06021
- United States
- Base Pay: $40000.00 / Year
- Employee Type: Full Time - Exempt
- Name: Craig Dawson
- Phone: 860-379-2782
- Email: [email protected]
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus at least two years of previous experience in sales or camp programs – or similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to travel to potential groups/camp families.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and follow through, resolve problems, be aware of deadlines and organize workload to meet them.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Requires both a comprehensive knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in sales/marketing and utilizing social media platforms.
- This position must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with all levels of management, and staff.
- Required to reside on camp premises; housing provided.
- Must be able to sit for extended duration.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Plan and execute a sales and marketing strategy.
- Secure new groups for our Outdoor Center programs (Late Aug-Early June).
- Recruit new campers for our Summer Camp programs.
- Strategize and implement effective sales training for program staff.
- Act as the lead for our program innovation efforts working alongside program team to develop and market new programs that will have a positive impact on camp budget by a minimum of 5% above annual budgeted revenue.
- Conduct market research and hold feedback sessions with camp families and groups to ensure our programs are meeting the needs of our guests.
- Maintain social media presence for camp.
- Cultivate strong relationships with camp’s top prospective donors by developing individual plans for cultivation and monitoring those plans to insure all staff and volunteers complete their designated functions in a timely manner.
- Assist Executive Director in executing the camps capital campaign including developing relationships with potential donors.
- Assist with the annual campaign to ensure that we exceed campaign goals by minimum of 5%, including but not limited to fostering positive relationships with donors.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous assistance exceeding customer expectations every day, which includes building and maintaining healthy professional relationships with guests, staff, and the local community.
- Provides Leadership and Direction to the branch Board of Advisors Alumni task force on cultivation of Alumni and Alumni focused events.
- Coordinates special events at camp related to community engagement, alumni, and development.
- Provide a key leadership role in our summer camp programs.
- Support and contribute to a safe, clean camp environment for staff and guests.
- Other related duties as assigned.