YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
YMCA of Monroe County Inc.
YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
Under the direction of the Executive Director, we are currently seeking a Teen Initiatives Director to assist in the development and execution of teen engagement strategies and initiatives in accordance with the operating policies and procedures of the YMCA of Central Florida. The goal is to increase the scope and reach of YMCA teen programming throughout our service area. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Teen Initiatives including, but not limited to: Youth In Government, Leaders Club, Teen Trips/Tours, and eSports.
1. Minimum 1 year + of experience in managing youth programs required; multi-site supervision preferred.
2. Minimum 1 year + of experience in staff supervision, or “Lead” position required.
3. Experience in curriculum development a plus.
4. Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce & Playerspace experience a plus.
5. Yearly CPR/ AED and First Aid certifications required. Or completed within first 30 days of hire desired.
6. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday. Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends as needed based on business needs.
7. Must be willing to travel to program locations during program times within Central Florida. Must have valid Florida driver license.
8. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with all stakeholders including students, parents, principal’s staff.
9. Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
10. Demonstrated responsibility, dependability, honesty and maturity.
11. Must exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor and provide excellent customer service skills.
12. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
13. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
14. Ability to meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced multi-priority environment.
15. Ability to treat confidential information with sensitivity.
1. Analyze data, systems, technology, and processes to promote, recruit, grow, and retain within the High School/Teen programs.
2. Ensure proper implementation of schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for student/staff connections while keeping within the mandated ratios.
3. Compile programming data for all contractual reporting, as well as all other reporting requirements for the Executive Director.
4. Establish systems for regularly scheduled inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order of supplies, equipment and materials at all times.
5. Purchase supplies, equipment, and materials approved by the purchase requisition process.
6. Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local, school district and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. Ensure all staff are current with required certifications.
7. Collaborate and maintain effective relationships with school principals and other applicable school administrations to maximize enrollment in program registration. Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of students, parents and all key stakeholders.
8. Assist in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of staffing at each site location. Support training and career succession plan for staff team.
9. Provide leadership through established performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance including annual performance evaluations, and staff meetings.
10. Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan and manage the budget. Control payroll and department purchasing costs within the budget and financial guidelines.
11. Process timecards and payroll to ensure timely, accurate reporting.
12. Identify and recruit active volunteers for the High School Teen programming.
13. Provide leadership and understanding of the mission of the YMCA of Central Florida to staff, students and parents.
14. Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
15. All other duties assigned by Management.