YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Florida's First Coast YMCA - Metropolitan
YMCA of Central Stark County
We provide job training, free membership, 50% off programming including camp and childcare, and advancement opportunities. Paid Time Off!
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under direction of the Executive, the Program Director, II oversees their program(s) in alignment with, and support of, the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities, protocols, and values. This includes the following Departments/Programs:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three to five years of supervisory experience required.
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to present information in a clear, understandable language in a group or one-on-one setting.
• Self-motivated and proven ability to take initiative.
• Familiarity with budgeting process.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with non-English speakers. Ability to speak languages other than English preferred.
• Maintain certification or re-certification by taking Continuing Education Credits.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and ability to travel locally.
• A clean record as determined through criminal background check and fingerprinting through the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS).
Youth Development Qualifications (if applicable):
• 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role within a youth setting.
• CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire).
Essential Functions and Expectations: Using a collaborative coaching approach, provide guidance and leadership for the program(s) they oversee. This includes:
• Staffing Oversight (if applicable) – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
• Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
• Staffing Administration (if applicable) – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
• Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, Association initiatives and program teams.
• Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities and licensing guidelines, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
• Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships with the outside community that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
• Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
• Budgeting – Develop, implement, and accurately maintain a program budget and forecast in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned