The Adventure Activities Director is responsible for the Hiking Program, Climbing Wall Facilitation, the Biking Program, the Gear Shop, and the Mountain Center Desk. This position hires, trains, and supervises staff in all aspects of Adventure Activities, while also facilitating and developing programs to benefit guests. This person also oversees the Work and Adventure Gap Program, responsible for developing curriculum and scheduling activities for gap year participants.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual preferred.