Mid-County Branch YMCA
South Wood County YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES
This job description is not designed to cover and contain a comprehensive listing of actives, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change and be assigned at any time with or without notice.
· Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
· Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
· Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
· Assists with Program Committee meetings.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
6. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
7. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
8. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
9. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
10. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
2. Ellis Lifeguard and Swim Instructor License; trainer preferred and CPO
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.