Are you looking for a company that inspires you to do great things? We are looking for leaders that want the opportunity to improve their community, teach others healthy habits, and impact the lives of hundreds of youth. At the YMCA we are on a relentless quest to make our communities stronger through people like you working within our communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SENIOR MEMBERSHIP EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR:
- Ensures that member recruitment, retention, and daily care are key priorities, through the supervision of both membership and wellness staff.
- Promotes, Represents and articulates the Association’s Healthy Living programs and membership enrollment to individuals and organizations throughout the community, developing collaborative relationships and key stakeholders.
- Ensures wellness center experience is excellent, interactive and supports healthy living engagement.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and leads membership and wellness personnel and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership, health and wellness and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Promotes and manages the financial assistance process.
- Champions the development of high quality, comprehensive, innovative health enhancement programs and group exercise programming through all phases, including strategic planning, needs assessment, piloting, promotion, implementation and evaluation; setting quality standards regarding risk management, implementation consistency, and evaluation integration verified through audits, data collection and analysis.
- Advances the Y of the USA community wide wellness initiatives determined by the Chief Operating Officer by serving as the Association lead for capacity building, ensuring the successful roll of initiatives.
- Interfaces with fund development to identify and secure restricted gifts/grants to support Healthy Living programming and manage grants received to ensure quality execution and communication and reporting to enhance donor relationships.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A SENIOR MEMBERSHIP EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of successful program development experience that includes managing staff with a preferred background in the health and wellness field.
- Should have a positive history of leadership in the areas of staff, volunteer and program development, fiscal budgeting and management, and operational procedures.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Knowledge and experience in leading organizational change.
- YMCA or nationally recognized group exercise instructor and/or personal training certification preferred.
OUR YMCA CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.