Indian Valley Family YMCA
YMCA of Central Stark County
YMCA of Lincoln Nebraska
The YMCA of Metro North has a long history of providing many communities throughout the Northern suburbs of Boston with outstanding programs and services for youth, adults and families. Serving the communities of Lynn, Peabody, Saugus, Melrose, Nahant, Revere, Lynnfield and Stoneham, the YMCA of Metro North needs an experienced Facilities professional that will lead our Peabody Lynn Massachusetts YMCA into the next phase of growth and prominence, to meet the cause and mission of the YMCA.
About the City of Peabody:
Peabody is located in the North Shore region of Massachusetts, just 15 miles northeast of Boston and 18 miles west-southwest of Gloucester with its northwestern border running along the Ipswich River. Peabody has a land area of nearly 17 square miles and a population of approximately 51,000. Peabody is a city that has great access with four major highways (Interstate 95, MA Route 128, US Route 1 and MA Route 114), Boston’s Logan International Airport and a thriving public transportation system all at its doorstep. Settled in 1626 as part of Salem, Peabody was incorporated as a city in 1916, its name deriving from noted philanthropist and citizen, George Peabody.
About the Torigian YMCA:
Currently, the Torigian Y hosts a membership of 10,000 members with over 2,500 children enrolled in healthy living, aquatics, youth programs and Y Academy annually.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Branch Executive Director, the Facilities Director is responsible for the administration, coordination, and delivery of facility projects, maintenance and janitorial services. Major areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, management of all areas of the department including the oversight of all on-site facilities, mechanical equipment and general maintenance, and all related facility and/or property contracts, budget oversight, quality control, and maintaining a clean and safe building and grounds. The position will have the responsibility of coordinating all preventative maintenance, risk management, and OSHA regulations. He/she must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, broad knowledge of electrical, plumbing and HVAC, carpentry, and general repair required. The position requires technical knowledge in areas of preventative maintenance, painting, construction, and maintenance procedures. This is an on-call 24 x 7 position that requires a strong professional degree of hands on, up to the minute, decision making.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in property and building management, maintenance and repair and an undergraduate degree or equivalent education and experience. Demonstrated competence in supervision, budgeting and fiscal management, facility management, conflict resolution, communication, risk management, membership/vendor relations and staff training.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervision of staff. Supervisory skills required to oversee the activities of property management department staff under his/her supervision and the ability to enlist the collaboration of other staff when needed. Must be able to delegate day-to-day operational responsibilities as required.
· Experience in developing job specifications, obtaining bids, and working with contractors and sub-contractors.
· Experience in carpentry, maintenance and repair of basic electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems and equipment. Knowledge about building sub-systems.
· Ability to operate various types of motorized and non-motorized equipment necessary to perform the job.
· Knowledge of general maintenance and janitorial techniques, the use of hand and power tools and the ability to use them correctly and in a safe manner.
· Demonstrated understanding of use of various controlled chemicals and agents and the ability to properly interpret and explain SDS (MSDS) materials, precautions and directions associated with them.
· Working knowledge of a windows environment including Word, Excel & Outlook.
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission and purpose of the YMCA.
· Excellent decision making skills, the ability to take initiative & be flexible.
· Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and lead the action and communication plan of any items that need repair, replacement, upgrade or improvement.
· Must possess a valid driver license that meets the requirements of our insurance company’s driver selection criteria.
· CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
· CPO and boiler certifications required within 120 days of employment.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills in budgeting and planning.
· Strong background in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and general repair.
· Possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Computer literate, organized and detail oriented.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the branch.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.