YMCA of Metropolitan Hartford
Bloomsburg Area YMCA
Dr. Jim Farha Andover YMCA
Leads the overall member experience in own branch by driving sales, retaining members and creating an overall exceptional member experience. Oversees the membership, family programs/kidzone, and sports departments to ensure the highest level of customer service to meet members and community needs. Where needed, also serves as the Advisory Board liaison and the direct contact when the Executive Director/Associate Executive Director is unavailable.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, sports, recreation, a related field, or equivalent.
2. 5 or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
3. Ability to direct assigned operations including revenue generation, volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, and program development.
4. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
5. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
6. Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
7. Experience managing staff and contributing toward the development of department strategies.
8. Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Influence:Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals.
Relationships: Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.
Innovation: Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities.
Developing Others:Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Decision Making: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions.
Quality Results: Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.