West Shore Family Branch YMCA
YMCA of Greater Cleveland
YMCA of the Rockies
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Oversees the total operation of a YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree health and wellness or human services, social services, business or equivalent
2. Strong health and wellness background, including group exercise, fitness center management and personal training
3. Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency
4. ACE (ACSM, AFAA, ISSA, NETA or comparable) certifications for foundations of strength and conditioning and foundations of group exercise highly desirable
5. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
6. Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
8. Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
9. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
10. YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
11. CPR and First Aid required within 30 days of hire.
· Develops annual budgets and implements fiscal controls to ensure the budgeted goals are met
· Performs and evaluates community needs and develops programs accordingly
· Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff
· Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
· Develops and directs high-quality relationship-based member engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
· Coordinates with marketing department to market and communicate department offerings, Directs branch marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate benefit to the community.
· Provides leadership to fundraising campaign at the division level and assists in recruiting of key leadership and campaigners. Ensures that staff achieves their goals according to the association timeline.
· Provides executive leadership to Membership Affinity group as fitness subject matter expert. Responsible for implementation of association strategic initiatives for Fitness, Wellness and community outreach programs with a goal of growth and program quality improvement.
· Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
· Maintains a friendly, positive, safe, and supportive environment for members, participants and staff.
· Attends all staff meetings, board meetings, in-service trainings, and special events as called upon.
· Follows the YMCA personnel policies, practices, salary administration plan, emergency procedures and risk management, and implements Membership by Design in each of his/her departments.
· Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
· Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader.
building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.