YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Wendell P. Clark Memorial YMCA
South Sound YMCA
Under the direction of the CEO, the Program Director has a primary impact in the overall success and effectiveness of the Fox Valley Family YMCA Youth Development Department’s Before & Afterschool goals and objectives. The individual in this position is responsible for overall operations management of multiple Before & After School programs within the service area and the lead for Summer Camp.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others and working in teams, highly organized multi-site management, delivering and managing robust programs focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successfully overseeing part-time and entry-level teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
· Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Child Development or related field preferred.
· Minimum two years of experience managing multiple youth development programs and three years of experience working directly with youth in organized out-of-school-time settings.
· Proven experience meeting registration and attendance goals required.
· DCFS Child Care Training required within six months of hire.
· Experience working with budgets, developing a budget, fiscal management of programs, and fundraising.
· YMCA management experience desirable.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound fiscal management practices, strong organizational abilities and problem-solving strategies.
· Demonstrated leadership through experiences in supervision, community collaboration and innovation.
· Ability to adequately observe program activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
· Reliable transportation required. Must be willing and able to travel between sites and administrative offices on a regular basis.
· Develop and maintains Before & Afterschool and Summer Camp program budget for multiple (10+) sites and summer camp. Monitors monthly progress/variance.
· Responsible for program retention and growth.
· Develop and maintain regular communication and relationships with school principals and school representatives. Work with the health department on camp initiatives.
· Actively participate in school parent/teacher organizations as well as one additional community organization.
· Implement established Program Quality Standards and participate in the development of these standards.
· Conduct regular site visits and inspections. Participate in site Financial Audit as needed. Monitor camp activities and inspections.
· Responsible for daily supervision of Site Supervisors and counselors in multiple (10+) School Age sites and Camp programs.
· Recruit, supervise, hire, and provide progressive discipline to the staff within the region.
· Act as a community representative to agencies such as Department of Children and Families, the United Way and any other community partners.
· Develop objectives and job plans for Site Supervisors within the district.
· Ensure compliance with all State and local agencies including licensing.
· Monitor and effectively controls the bi-weekly payroll.
· Assist with implementation of YMCA Orientation and Child Abuse training.
· Assist with curriculum development and implementation. Ensure all grant outcomes are met.
· Any additional responsibilities established by Supervisor.
· Ensure that all grant compliance measures are maintained, and execution of grant assessment processes.
· Ensure that grant outcome data is compliantly collected and reported by the deadline.
· Assist in all areas, project teams, job tasks as assigned.
· Attend all conferences, trainings, meetings, and presentations as assigned.
· Must be willing and able to travel between sites and administrative offices on a regular basis.
Safety and Risk Management
· Ensures all Fox Valley Family YMCA program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
· Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
· Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
· Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
· Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
· Additional medication training may be required, including the implementation of administering medicine such as epi-pens, inhalers, shots/injections for diabetes etc.
Mission Advancement > Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration > Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness > Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth > Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.