YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
Somerset County YMCA
Champaign County YMCA
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Digital Marketing Director will support the Vice President of Marketing in providing strategic and tactical leadership in marketing and communications to advance the mission of the YMCA and YMCA360. This position will implement comprehensive marketing strategies in order to expand and support our digital offerings as it relates to YMCA360 and ymcawichita.org. The Digital Marketing Director will work closely with the VP of Marketing and collaborate with YMCA360 leadership to develop and achieve marketing and communication goals related to member acquisition, increase usage of digital products by new and existing members, expand offerings to partner YMCA’s around the country and maintain marketing plans for existing partners. This position will assist with the implementation of external marketing, member communication, staff engagement and communication and digital strategy and development.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: The Greater Wichita YMCA’s multi-channel program marketing will bring greater prominence to the Y brand and mission while optimizing usage of marketing tools by all Y staff, improving automation, increasing audience engagement, enhancing personalization, driving enrollment in programs, and providing quality service to the community.
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, integrated communications, or relevant field of study
2. Five or more years of successful experience in the marketing field to include; multi-channel marketing, digital application experience, project leadership, and results management with a deep understanding of the intersection of consumer experience, media, marketing and digital technology
3. Proven ability to be an innovative, creative, proactive and self-directed team player in a fast-paced environment
4. In-depth knowledge in effective use of social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, including Publisher; Drupal 7 & 8 and e-gym experience preferred
5. Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills including ability to compose and curate content, design graphics, write and edit compelling stories, draft statements of work, develop RFPs, manage bids and place media.
6. Experience in marketing planning, strategy and workflows, business process design, behavioral marketing, and data mining and analysis
7. Experience in digital marketing of custom applications and websites, on-demand or virtual fitness platforms preferred.
1. Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
2. Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
3. Ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written
4. Able to work with diverse groups of people with a service-oriented approach
5. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities/projects
6. Able to travel to various sites throughout the Greater Wichita YMCA
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and monitor property and activity
2. High level of alertness, concentration, accuracy, and time-management
3. Ability to adapt to working in changing conditions and environments
4. Able to stand, walk or sit for prolonged periods; occasionally stoop/bend
5. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
6. It is anticipated that an average work week will consist of 50 hours; to include possible evenings and weekends