Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community?
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Branch / District Executive, in support of the association priorities, the Program Director oversees their program(s) in alignment with the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities and protocols. (Department: Aquatics)
Using a collaborative coaching approach, provide guidance and leadership for the program(s) they oversee. This includes:
- Staffing Oversight – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service in alignment with the Association goals and values. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
- Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
- Staffing Administration – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
- Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, and Association program teams.
- Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
- Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships with the outside community that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
- Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
- Budgeting – Develop, implement, and accurately maintain a program budget and forecast in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned