YMCA of the Greater Houston Area
YMCA of Metropolitan Hartford
Dr. Jim Farha Andover YMCA
The Program Director II– Membership supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. They foster a cause-centered culture that is welcoming and champion all aspects of membership for the branch, including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members, and supervision of assigned staff. This person will play an important role in helping to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. They should be collaborative, meticulous, detail-oriented, and have excellent coaching skills to ensure their staff performs at a high level at all times.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Branch / District Executive, in support of the association priorities, the Program Director oversees their program(s) in alignment with the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities and protocols. (Departments: Membership)
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer-paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, a casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Salary Range:$48,000.00 To $50,000.00 Annually
Essential Functions and Expectations: Using a collaborative coaching approach, provide guidance and leadership for the program(s) they oversee. This includes:
YMCA Leadership Competencies
1. Mission Advancement:
• VALUES - Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
• COMMUNITY - Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it.
• INCLUSION - Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
• RELATIONSHIPS - Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
• COMMUNICATION - Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
3. Operational Effectiveness:
• DECISION MAKING – Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
• QUALITY RESULTS - Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
4. Personal Growth:
• SELF DEVELOPMENT - Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities, and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
• EMOTIONAL MATURITY - Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
• FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.