Central Florida Metro YMCA
YMCA of South Florida, Inc
West Suburban YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Finance Director at the Daviess County YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also serving the Daviess County YMCA in all HR, Payroll, and Accounting functionalities. This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Two or more years of related experience in a YMCA or related non-profit organization.
3. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills. Attention to detail, critical thinker, with solid analytical skills.
4. Experience with standard business software and office machines.
5. Organized and able to work on multiple projects, with a variety of personalities.
6. Ability to analyze statistical and financial data and use standard business mathematics to determine pricing, margins, marketing strategies, etc.
7. Ability to effectively use a computer and various software packages for word processing, research, budgeting, and all membership-related data requirements.
8. Able to commit to critical first of the month deadlines & month end close schedule. Striving for continuous improvement in processes.
9. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, and YMCA Child Abuse Prevention. Within one year of hire,
10.Completion of additional YMCA program-specific and /or management trainings and certifications as outlined by supervisor.
11.Understanding of basic accounting concepts and applications including cash reconciliation, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
1. Oversee the hiring process; assist applications, background checks, monitoring completion of documentation and communicating with supervisors and staff to ensure completion of paperwork in a timely manner. Researching and responding to employment verifications in a timely manner.
2. Lead and hire membership staff, help set operating guidelines, membership policies/procedures and approve department payroll.
3. Responsible for accounting operations including day-to-day accounting functions, accounts payable, payroll, billing and accounts receivable, maintenance of an accurate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Y’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
4. Flexibility to work different hours as needed and cover other departments as needed
5. Administering benefits to include; annual open enrollment, meeting with new staff to review benefits, answering questions, and managing the enrollment/termination of benefits.
6. Review, research, process all HR actions to include, but not limited to; promotions, pay changes, terminations, hires, and other actions submitted through the current system. Maintains personnel files and records.
7. Ensures all HR related actions involving payroll changes are communicated to the CEO and monitored each pay period for accuracy.
8. Completes all accounting tasks in a timely manner. Including but not limited to month ends, deposits, invoices, etc. Will assist when needed with anything related to Billing, childcare reporting, and grant reporting.
9. Demonstrate YMCA core values Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility with all community members, staff and others.
10.Trains designated staff members on HR, Payroll, Accounting, CRM, and day-to-day functions.
11.In the absence of the CEO, acts as the Manager on Duty.
12.Supports the Annual Campaign.
13.Assist in the development of the annual budget to support YMCA financial objectives,
14.Analyze and produce statistical and financial data and use standard business mathematics to produce necessary department and board reports, assist in determine pricing, and manage other necessary departmental systems.
15.Serves in a lead capacity for assigned community events and functions such as Taste of Daviess County.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds
and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader
building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability
and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.